Manage your company-wide telephone system through one Web browser interface
Toshiba’s IPedge® Enterprise Manager and Strata® CIX Network eManager® are simple yet powerful tools for setting up and maintaining your organization’s telephone and voice mail features. Whether you have one Toshiba phone system or many networked together, these browser-based tools make system moves-adds-changes (MACs) easy. The system administration application is built into the phone system server. No software installation or separate server are required.
Whether you connect directly or over the network, centralized administration provides many advantages:
- Save time with simultaneous, system-wide backups instead of individually backing up each system (for IPedge).
- Make data entry faster and more accurate by importing data from Excel®
- Ensure data consistency with simultaneous changes to all systems, regardless of system type or location.
- Streamline administration by logging into the management function for all telephone systems or any combination of systems at once, from anywhere over secure Internet connections.
- Speed deployment of new capabilities with simultaneous upgrades that automatically push new software to all systems.
- Accelerate system setup and programming with automated export/import of data through Active Directory Services database synchronization.
- Ensure system integrity and performance with local and remote alarms logged and/or sent to multiple IP addresses so support technical or admin personnel can take action (with Network eManager).
Empower users to manage their own telephone functions
With IPedge Enterprise Manager Personal Admin (EMPA) and Strata CIX My Phone Manager®, individual users can program their own feature buttons, speed-dials, voice mail settings and customized telephone functions via a Web browser — freeing the system administrator from these minor, everyday tasks.
With Toshiba’s IPedge and VIPedge® systems, assigned “super users” — such as department managers or team leaders — can also customize telephony and unified messaging features for other users or groups.
Whether you have one Toshiba phone system or many networked together — on-premise or in the cloud — it’s easy for authorized users to remotely access and manage the entire phone system from a single browser-based interface and for users to make their own phones work their way.
Get more details in the system administration datasheet.
VoIP is the latest technology that offers several advantages to large as well as small business organizations around the world. This is an intelligent communication technology that facilitates continuous communication among employees, clients and business associates. Irrespective of your location, you will be able to take advantage of inexpensive services and features that make business communication even more efficient.
VoIP services are extremely efficient and help you stay in touch with your employees and customers. However, VoIP has its shortcomings, and improper implementation of the system can lead to problems. VoIP has vulnerabilities that hackers can exploit. For example, hackers can easily trick your internet service provider or phone service provider by making the calls look like calls generated by genuine IP phone numbers. People typically learn about VoIP hacks when they receive huge telephone or internet bills.
In this article, we are going to look at the 5 tell tale signs of VoIP hacking:
1) Irregularities in VoIP Call-History
There are not many effective ways to monitor all the conversations that take place over IP phones, but it is possible to easily analyze the call history. You need to go through the call history carefully to find anything that might be unusual. You can geo limit the calls so that they are easier to monitor. Check the numbers that appear on your telephone bills to find any numbers that appear to be unknown. If you are able to find unusual patterns, then probe further for additional signs to determine if your VoIP system was hacked.
2) Antivirus Messages That Appear Fake
VoIP is an internet based technology and it uses the internet to carry out the regular operations like voice and video communications. If you or any of your employees are periodically bombarded with fake antivirus information then it is imperative that you inform your VoIP service provider immediately. Also, your technical team will need to find the source of the messages. There is not much you can do to protect yourself in such a situation because messages popping up frequently indicate that your VoIP system’s security has already been compromised. At that point, it is better to shut down the system and wait for the technical team at the service provider’s end to take a look.
3) Internet Searches Are Redirected
This is another common sign of a system under attack. While carrying out internet searches, if you are being redirected to other sites then it implies that your VoIP system has been hacked. If you find that unwanted extensions or toolbars are added to your browser then that is also a sign of a hacked system.
4) Webcams or Microphones get Activated Automatically
VoIP offers the feature of using your microphones and webcams – this is a great feature as you are able to easily conduct a voice or video call. Now, if you find that your webcams or microphones are getting activated without permission then it is time to alert your system admin and VoIP service provider.
5) VoIP Bills Shoot Up Without Reason
Hackers will definitely use your VoIP system to make long distance calls while you are completely unaware. Once you receive the bill and find that it is unusually high then it is time to go into damage control mode. The biggest concern for any VoIP user is the unauthorized use of their communication system. Hackers can wreak havoc on your VoIP system and your telephone bills will go through the roof if you are not able to inform your system admin or service provider at the earliest possible point.
Toshiba’s UCedge™ redefines unified communications with visibility and interworking across Toshiba phone systems and third-party devices — including selected smartphones, tablets, Windows® and Mac® computers. Toshiba’s UCedge client empowers you to access unified communications from anywhere using a mobile or desktop device, with consistent features and functionality across devices.
The next step in Toshiba’s unified communications portfolio
UCedge is based on HTML5 technology that enables code portability across devices so that features and functionality are the same on different device types, including mobile and desktop devices, including many mobile phones from Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Sony and LG, and tablets from Toshiba, Apple and Samsung.
In addition, UCedge has advanced features beyond the earlier Toshiba UC clients, such as mobile tablet integration, federation (for sharing presence and instant messages with external users), desk phone pairing, consolidated history for calls and instant messages (stored in the cloud), a built-in softphone for all supported device types and more.
Be more productive, from anywhere
- Save time. Quickly find and call colleagues without having to remember their extensions. Just find the person’s name/image, and click to call. You can see the status of UCedge users on the Toshiba phone system and even external users (via federation) before you call them.
- Save money. Make calls from your mobile device through the office phone system over Wi-Fi® data service (or other wired/wireless IP-based data service rather than the cellular network, when possible). Make international calls from your cell phone at landline rates, optimized by least-cost routing through the office phone system.
- Get more done. Work from anywhere using personal or business mobile devices as a business phone extension. Manage office voice mails easily and quickly with a visual interface on a mobile device.
- Provide superior service. Give customers, suppliers and colleagues one number at which to reach you whether you’re in or out of the office. Your personal mobile device can perform as a business phone wherever you need it.
- Collaborate more easily from anywhere. Communicate via instant messaging with colleagues who are busy or on the phone. IM individually, invite users to join a group IM session, or broadcast messages to a group. Easily stay in touch when traveling internationally.
By using your personal or business mobile device as a versatile business phone, you won’t miss important calls, and you can collaborate with colleagues and customers quickly and efficiently — an obvious advantage for any business.
Get started today
It’s easy. Licenses for the UCedge client are provided as part of the VIPedge® cloud-based phone service or available as an option for the IPedge® or Strata® CIX premises-based phone systems. You only need one license, even if you log in from mobile and desktop clients.
For Android™ devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toshiba.uclient&hl=en
For Apple® devices: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ucedge/id600608570?mt=8
For Windows and Mac computers: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ucedge/hhgigmlpapmiifgekdcleafpkkgfibla
Get a headstart now on the solution that ultimately will redefine unified communications for Strata CIX, IPedge and VIPedge systems — with visibility and interworking across Toshiba phone systems and third-party devices — including smartphones, tablets, Windows and Mac computers. To find out more, contact your Authorized Toshiba Dealer today.
Toshiba’s contact center applications — automatic call distribution (ACD) and reporting — have traditionally been delivered on a dedicated server working with the Toshiba business phone system. Now, Toshiba’s IPedge® Virtual Server delivers the capabilities of Toshiba’s IPedge business communications system plus contact center capabilities all in one compact server. This integrated solution makes it simpler than ever to run an efficient and effective contact center.
Linux®based IPedge business communications and Windows®based contact center applications reside on the same server in a VMware® virtual environment. One server to deploy, one vantage point for system management — for a simpler network, easier administration, easier licensing and lower cost.
IPedge Virtual Server — IPedge Business Communications
Preloaded with advanced features right out of the box
- Complete business telephone features — Caller ID, speed dialing, conference calling and much more
- Voice mail with unified messaging — Single inbox to manage email and voice mail from anywhere
- Unified communications — Status, instant messaging, CRM integration, PC integration and more
- Collaboration — Desktop and video sharing, Web interface, integration with Outlook® Calendar
- Mobility — Follow Me call routing, simultaneous ringing, and smartphones and tablets as phone system extensions
IPedge Virtual Server — Contact Center Features
Fast, efficient and cost-effective customer service for organizations of all sizes
- Advanced call routing based on caller ID, agent skills, account number, time or date, and more
- Multiple call distribution methods, such as skills-based, round-robin, and preferred or priority agent
- Multiple group agent login so agents can answer calls for multiple agent groups
- Intelligent announcements, informing callers of place in queue, estimated time to answer and more
- Interactive voice response to gather and validate caller input and trigger predefined responses
- PC integration to manage calls from a computer, synchronized with your operations, CRM or contact software
- Reports and wall displays to analyze agent performance, group activity and system status
- Network ACD to enable multi-site contact centers to work together as one integrated call routing system
- Multimedia Web callback and chat initiated from the company’s Web site
Get Toshiba’s IPedge Virtual Server for yourself. It’s easy.
There’s just a single license file, activated once for IPedge, ACD and reporting. With enterprise-wide, Web-based system administration, your telecom manager can securely monitor and manage all of these applications from one Enterprise Manager interface with one login — from anywhere locally or remotely, using a Web browser. It is that simple.
Toshiba’s UCedge Unified Communications solution earns big kudos
Imagine the possibilities with Toshiba’s UCedge® unified communications…
Work from virtually anywhere using personal or business laptops, desktops or mobile devices as a business phone extension. Connect from up to three devices at the same time, synchronize in the cloud, and view consolidated instant messages and call history from any of the devices.
Be reached with one number, no matter where you are, while displaying only your office phone number in caller ID. Connect via instant messaging (IM) with colleagues who are busy or on the phone.
Pretty cool, huh? INTERNET TELEPHONY Magazine thought so and honored UCedge with a 2015 Unified Communications Product of the Year Award. (Call Manager, our previous-generation UC solution, received this award in 2012.)
We love it when “the IP Communications Authority since 1998™” affirms our development directions — and when they tell 225,000 of their closest friends.
“It gives me great pleasure to honor Toshiba with a 2015 Unified Communications Product of the Year Award for its innovative UCedge application, unified communications solution,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO of the magazine’s parent company, TMC. “Our judges were very impressed with the ingenuity and excellence displayed by Toshiba in UCedge.”
UCedge is a single application that empowers users to communicate on Windows® and Mac® laptop and desktop computers and Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets. It works with Toshiba’s cloud-based and on-premise phone systems as well as on hybrid networks that include a mix of solution types. With XMPP federation, unified communications can extend to trusted users on third-party XMPP servers as well.
If you could benefit from the power to communicate how, where and when you want, using your device of choice— desk phone, smartphone, PC or tablet — find out what the award-winning UCedge can offer.
It’s easy to get started. Licenses for the UCedge client are provided as part of the VIPedge® cloud-based phone service or available as an option for the IPedge® or Strata® CIX on-premise phone systems. You only need one license, even if you log in from mobile and desktop clients.
A list of the 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year winners is featured in the March 2015 issue of INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine and online at www.itmag.com.
We all know that VoIP reduces telephony costs, but we don’t necessarily know why. Understanding the technology behind VoIP allows us to better appreciate and market the value that VoIP brings to SMBs.
Ziff Davis explains the technology in their recent article entitled VoIP Primer – Five Technology Basics SMBs Need To Understand.
Five VoIP Technology Basics:
- VOIP IS DATAThe first thing to understand is that VoIP is data just like emails or files or instant messaging. While PSTN was a dedicated technology meant only for voice, VoIP turns voice into another form of data. Data is a much more efficient and cost-effective technology.
- VOIP USES THE DATA NETWORKLegacy systems require two separate networks – one for voice and one for data. A desk telephone uses the voice network while the computer uses a separate data network. VoIP integrates voice technology into one data network, resulting in a less expensive and easier to manage solution.
- VOIP IS PACKET-SWITCHEDFor VoIP to be transmitted over the data network it must be digitized and transferred as packets. The advantage of packets is that they travel across the most efficient route resulting in high-speed and lower costs.
- VOIP IS REAL-TIMELegacy telephony has always offered high quality voice in real-time because that’s what it was made to do. This has been VoIP’s biggest challenge but after over 20 years it is finally a worthy opponent of PSTN. With an optimized network and good VoIP software voice calls can be in real-time just like traditional telephony.
- VOIP IS STILL EVOLVINGWhile Legacy telephony is a tried-and-true solution, it is no longer evolving and improving. On the other hand, VoIP is not yet a complete solution meaning it still has infinite potential. As technology continues to improve, VoIP will improve along with it. For example, Unified Communications opens a world of options to users and is only going to get better.
In conclusion, understanding these 5 pieces of VoIP technology gives us a greater appreciation of the value of VoIP. To read more, visit VoIP Primer – Five Technology Basics SMBs Need To Understand.
In today’s economy most businesses are looking for ways to cut costs and save money wherever possible. One great way to save money is your phone bill. Switching to VoIP will cut your monthly expenditures drastically.
VoIP is less expensive than traditional telephony in a few ways:
- Cost of calls – traditional calls go over copper wires and analog circuitry while VoIP calls go over your network at a much lower cost.
- Hardware – most VoIP systems will integrate with your existing hardware at no extra cost.
- Maintenance – a VoIP Telephony Service Provider will take care of maintenance and upgrades as part of your monthly fee.
- Features – VoIP includes a myriad of built-in features that do not require an additional fee like traditional telephony would.
Whatever size your company, VoIP is guaranteed to lower your phone bill and monthly communications expenditures. To read more, visit Looking to Shrink Your Company’s Phone Bill? Look at VoIP for Business from the IT Toolbox.
Support and maintenance can cost you an arm and a leg. Your telephony system operates like something straight out of The Flintstones. You’re itching to make more sales and grow, but an old system is holding you back. Worst of all, you’re losing customers to companies that offer ‘cool new features’.
We’ve heard the story over and over again… It’s time for a change! Forget the Flintstones – let’s become the Jetsons!
Diamond Communications can update your telephony system and help you to cut the support and maintenance costs so you can focus your budget on what really matters – a powerful and feature-rich system that opens the door to unlimited growth. With a variety of hosted and rented options, there is no need for a large up-front investment. Growth doesn’t have to be expensive anymore!
The best part? Fun and cool features. From Call Detail Records to Customizable Queues to IVR, IP phones, Unified messaging, and more, your new features are sure to attract and retain customers. Toshiba Canada has among the most advanced softphones on the market, brings the latest in Unified Communications to desktop and mobile devices. Toshiba will give your users all of the tools they need for effective communication, including click-to-call, instant messaging, drag-and-drop conferencing, call records, file and screen share, faxing, voicemail, and more!
What are you waiting for? Leave Bedrock behind and give us a call today!
Toshiba Wins a 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Its IPedge Business Telephone System
Published: Sept 23, 2014 11:00 a.m. ET
IRVINE, CA, Sep 23, 2014 (Marketwired via COMTEX) — Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba — www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced that TMC has named its IPedge(R) business telephone system a winner of the 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award presented by INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine. The 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award winners are published in the September 2014 issue.
“We are honored to receive the 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for our IPedge business telephone system,” said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. “Utilized in single or multi-site applications, IPedge can also be part of Toshiba’s Hybrid Cloud Networking Solution, which delivers networking support among its on-premises IPedge and Strata(R) CIX business telephone systems and VIPedge(R) cloud-based business telephone solution.”
“The editors of INTERNET TELEPHONY are pleased to grant Toshiba an INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for its innovation in IP communications. Toshiba’s IPedge has demonstrated outstanding quality and delivered exceptional solutions for its customers,” said Erik Linask, group editorial director of INTERNET TELEPHONY.
Toshiba won this award in part due to the success of the IPedge used by customer Marshall County in Alabama. The system was installed by Authorized Toshiba Dealer CTS Companies (www.CTS-Companies.com) of Bloomfield Hills, Mich. CTS Companies has been an Authorized Toshiba Dealer since 1980.
“Toshiba’s IPedge IP business telephone system has exceeded our expectations by providing a reliable, feature-rich communication solution that helped us save more than $30,000 annually,” said Steve Turner, IT manager for Marshall County.
Toshiba’s IPedge IP business telephone systems exceeded Marshall County’s communications objectives, including:
— Networking eight locations together to share centralized applications
with 165 users;
— Enabling the IT team to remotely self-administrate the systems;
— Providing Unified Messaging, which enables voice messages to be sent
to users’ email boxes, saving time to view, save and share messages;
— Improving IT team communication with Unified Communications; and
— Enabling mobility with Toshiba’s IPMobility application so users can
make and receive office calls on their call mobile phones.
Toshiba’s IPedge integrates multiple communication applications on one optimized server platform. Standard applications include call processing, voice mail, and centralized system administration. Optional applications include unified messaging, meet-me audio and video conferencing with Web collaboration, and a Call Manager unified communications client application. Running multiple applications on one unified server, instead of requiring an individual server for each application, delivers significant savings on equipment purchasing and ongoing maintenance costs.
IPedge benefits include:
— Hybrid Cloud Networking between Toshiba’s Cloud, IP and digital
— Endpoints for Every User including IP, digital, SIP, analog and soft
— Mobile Productivity with Toshiba’s mobility applications
— Unified Communications
— CRM Integration with leading CRM applications
— Contact Center Solutions
— Meeting & Collaboration Tools
— Survivability and Redundancy for Peace of Mind
About INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine has been the IP Communications Authority since 1998(TM). Beginning with the first issue in February of 1998, INTERNET TELEPHONY has been providing unbiased views of the complicated converged communications space. INTERNET TELEPHONY offers rich content from solutions-focused editorial content to reviews on products and services from TMC Labs. INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine reaches more than 225,000 readers, including pass-along readers. For more information, please visit www.itmag.com.
About TMC TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients’ goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world’s leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 — HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress, StartupCamp; Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit; SIP Trunking-Unified Communications Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo III; and more. Visit TMC Events for additional information.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD) Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the four business units of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba’s VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba’s PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba’s Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, “Committed to People, Committed to the Future,” Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing “Growth Through Creativity and Innovation,” and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today’s Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit: www.telecom.toshiba.com
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
Copyright 2014 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba PR Contact:
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
203-852-6800, ext. 287
SOURCE: Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division